Monday, September 22, 2014

Meet Zachariah, Our new student at CCSR!

Zachariah McCallister is one of the Wichita State students working at the Center for Community Support and Research this semester. A senior studying social work from Wichita. He graduated from Southeast High School with a focus on math, science and music.

“A near-death experience and an extended recovery caused many changes in my life and I found a new path for myself in the field of social work,” said McCallister. “Many of my life experiences have shown that people can get trapped in challenging situations because of circumstances they cannot control. I want to be an advocate who helps others discover ways to get the resources they need in order to have the quality of life everyone deserves. I decided that becoming a social worker would be the best path for me to succeed, and I have been excited every step of the way.”


No comments:

Post a Comment